MUHS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MUHS

Misamis Union High School Game of the month: Bartender: The Right Mix

Click here to play this game

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 Lao-Shan Lung

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JUSTMILK
ADMIN
JUSTMILK

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 Lao-Shan Lung Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 Lao-Shan Lung   Monster Hunter Freedom 2 Lao-Shan Lung Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:09 am

This is a Guide about Lao-Shan Lung

What's Lao Shan Lung?
Lao Shan Lung is a massive mountain dragon whose scales became rockhard from WALKING THROUGH MOUNTAINS. That's right, Lao walks through mountains. He wants to walk through some more mountains and through a fort so he can totally trash the Gathering Hall and the Village. You've got to stop him, obviously.

There are two Lao Shan Lung - there is regular Lao, who is hidden in the HR2 Guild quests, and there is Azure Lao (Hard-Ranked), who is the monster in the HR4->HR5 Urgent Quest.

Lao is different from any monster you've ever faced. When you fight a Gypceros, for example, you wait for an opening to attack, then attack his weakpoint for massive damages. The Gypceros dies quickly because it's not very strong and it has very weak weakpoints.

Lao, on the other hand, never attacks you. It's always safe to attack. You can sit in front of him and just poke at his stomach all day, he won't really care. The tradeoff is that Lao has the most HP out of any monster in the entire game (roughly double the HP of HR6 Chameleos), and takes fairly low damage at his weakpoints. Battles with Lao always take at least 25 minutes.

Azure? Regular? What's the difference?
Item carves, mostly. You can't get a plain Lao-Shan Scale or a plain Lao-Shan Horn by fighting Azure Lao.

Azure Lao is Hard-Ranked, while Regular Lao is not, so Azure will give out items you can use for making Hard-Ranked armor.

Azure Lao has 26666 HP, while Regular Lao has 23333 HP. Azure Lao hits harder because he's a Hard-Ranked monster. Aside from that, the two are exactly the same. So much the same, that from now on I'm not even going to bother mentioning Regular Lao. Everything about Azure applies to Regular.

How do I unlock Regular Lao?

First, you need to be HR2. Clear EVERY 3* and 4* Guild quest and regular Lao will appear as the last 4* quest.

Beating him in this quest will unlock the Elder Dragon quests in HR3/5* Guild.

Why fight Lao Shan Lung?
Well, for one thing, you kinda have to to get through the game. The Urgent quest to get from HR4 to HR5 is Azure Lao Shan Lung.

Parts carved from Lao are used to create almost all of the Dragon weapons in the game. Dragon weapons are good.

His parts are also used to make Auroros/Borealis Haku armor, which is an excellent set of armor for the blocking weapons - it provides Guard Inc, Guard+2, and Rec Speed+1. It also looks like Samurai armor, which is perfect for those of you who get hard at the thought of anything Samurai related.
noilleberreven
Posted 3/4/2008 2:19:17 PM
message detail What is this fight like?
Lao Shan Lung is walking towards a fort the Guild constructed to stop him from reaching town. You must stop Lao from reaching and destroying the fort.

There are two ways to clear a Lao quest - either repel him or kill him.

Repelling Lao is different from repelling the other Elder Dragons. With the Elder Dragons, if you didn't do enough damage to repel in 25 minutes, you still had another 25 minutes left on the quest to do the damage needed to repel. With Lao, if you don't do enough damage to repel him in 35 minutes, you fail the quest right on the spot.

Also unlike the other Elder Dragons, damage done to Lao does NOT carry over. He starts every round with full health, regardless of whether you repelled or failed the last time you fought him.

How much damage do you need to do to repel Lao?
Nobody knows. Lao has 26666 HP - it would take weeks of testing just to get a ballpark figure because it takes the whole 35 minutes to get a repel.

But anyway, that's the basic premise of the quest. Lao walks towards the fort, you hurt him as he travels (he basically ignores you, so fighting Lao is pretty much like fighting a giant punching bag), and hopefully by the time he's reached the fort, you've done enough damage to kill him. If not, you have to stall him and stop him from destroying the fort until 35 minutes and hope you did enough damage for a repel.

What's this about a Fort?
The fort is equipped with a few weapons to help you kill Lao Shan Lung, though only one of them is worth using unless you're playing multiplayer.

What weapon should I use against Lao?

Your brain. Really though?

(The weapons suggested here are for SOLO players. In multiplayer, you can use pretty much any weapon that doesn't suck - since with two of you, each of you only need to kill half a Lao. If with more than two people you STILL can't do it, then take one of the weapons I've suggested.)

For farming Lao at HR6:
Hammer: Diablos Chaos Broker or Onslaught Hammer
Hunting Horn: War Conga
Long Sword: Smoulder Dragonsword
Bow: Glorious Victory or Akantor Bow
Dual Swords: Ultimus Heaven & Earth
Lance: Black Ruiner Lance or Babel Spear
Gunlance: Gun Chariot

Yes, I know there are many weapon types missing from this list. I'll explain why in a bit.

For fighting Lao the first time at HR4 or fighting Lao at HR2:
Hammer: Anvil Hammer or Kut-Ku Pick
Long Sword: Supremacy Blade
Lance: Grayburg Javelin

Why did you only suggest six weapons for HR6?
Same reason I only suggested three weapons for HR4 (see next question). I only suggested weapons that would get a kill on Lao - since you get more items from Lao by killing him (and nobody at HR6 should have to repel Lao when they can easily kill him with a better weapon). I also didn't suggest weapon types that can kill Lao but take the entire 35 minutes to do so, because it's not really farming when you're barely struggling t
Back to top Go down
https://muhs.board-directory.net

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 Lao-Shan Lung
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MUHS :: GAMES :: PSP games-
Jump to: